Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Biomimicry
My Animal is the Fennec fox!
The fennec fox is a small species of canine found in the dry, sandy regions of the African Sahara Desert. The fennec fox is most well known for it's large ears which can be half as long as the body of the fennec fox.
My product is the fennec fox hat!
Fennec foxes dwell in the sandy Sahara in North Africa. Their habits help them deal with the beating heat of the desert environment, and some physical adaptations help as well.
1. Their large ears, which are usually 6 inches long (15 centimeters), help dissipate excess body heat on hot days in the desert.
2. The fennec fox seems to be the only carnivore living in the Sahara Desert able to survive without free water. Their kidneys are adapted to restrict water loss, their extensive burrowing may cause the formation of dew, which can then be consumed, and they will receive moisture from the food that they eat.
The Fennec fox is the smallest of all the world's foxes, but its large ears, measuring 6 inches (15 centimeters), appear to be on loan from a bigger relative.
heir distinctive, batlike ears radiate body heat and help keep the foxes cool. They also have long, thick hair that insulates them during cold nights and protects them from hot sun during the day. Even the fox's feet are hairy, which helps them perform like snowshoes and protects them from extremely hot sand. The fox's feet are also effective shovels for frequent digging—fennec foxes live in underground dens.
Facts about the
The fennec fox can listen up to 50 miles per hour so my final product is on its ears
It can cool down with it ears when its hot it can cool down.But when it is at night the fennec fox will warm up!
This hat can help humans by like when your are in danger this hat help you hear if the criminal is chasing you.And also you can eavesdrop.
The Fennec fox eats rodents,eggs,reptiles,and insects.
The Fennec fox eats
produced by:Jasmine brown