Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
GE 2410 Project-i
Transcript of GE 2410 Project-i
Project - I
What method we use to deal with the waste in HK?
Experience of the engineering firm
(Technique Support Engineer)
North East New Territories Landfill
West New Territories Landfill
South East New Territories Landfill
Gordon Wu (Design Engineer)
Glass Recycling Project (GRP)
Re-generation of Plastics Scheme(RPS)
Home Wastes Killer Scheme(HWKS)
Green-green-green scheme (3Gs)
Ho Wan Bo Company
K&Q Company (King and Queen Company)
Primary and Secondary School
e.g. Ho Duk Yi Memorial Primary School
Ng Mei Lai Secondary School etc.
Company of Polystyrene
University of Maryland
How powerful is it?
Co-operation with university
A news about this protest
why people against the landfill expansion?
Recycle and reuse of the waste
University of Maryland
7-days initial training course
CANNOT Handle Everything
Create a black hole?
Reduce the volume
Between 850°C and 1200°C
Automatic Temperature Control System (ATCS)
About 100 workers
(60 require professional training)
Handle emergency problem
Q & A
Generate idea based on this technology
The company of Fun Far Lo
Experience from the companies of foreign countries
Keep track of the temperature
Issue warning if overheat or underheat
Override manually if necessary
What kinds of materials that can be recycled?
In general incinerator
In 4SI, How many percentage ?
*usually use in
S - Safe
S - Service
Other Metal oxide
(to next flotation cell)
S - Skills
S - Systemtic
4 Cl- +
→ MnCl2(s)+ 2O2- +
(New in out product)
Manganese(IV) oxide (MnO2)
Chlorine gas (Cl2)
Charles Woo (Team Leader)
Gordon Wu (Design Enginner)
Wayne Chan (Test Enginner)
Heidy Nam (Technical Support Engineer)
1. Won, Y., Hyung-sik, N. & Sangmin, C. (2007). Improvement of operating conditions in waste incinerators using engineering tools. Retrieved October 7, 2013 from http://www.sciencedirect.com
2. Rong, X., Wei-jie, L. & Jie, L. (2009). Emissions investigation for a novel medical waste incinerator. In Journal of Hazardous Materials. Retrieved October 7, 2013 from http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jhazmat