Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Explain Any Topic
Transcript of Copy of Explain Any Topic
Connecticut was founded in the year of 1636 by Thomas Hooker.
Pennsylvania was founded in 1681 by William Penn.
New Jersey was founded in 1664 by Lord Berkeley and Sir George.
The 13 Colonies
The 13 Colonies :
Delaware was founded in 1638 by Peter Minuit
By: Jasmine Reyes
The colonies that Composed the original United States in 1776: Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, and Virginia.
1) Connecticut was covered by two glaciations: 150,000 and 26,000 years ago.
Rhode Island :
1)The Delaware colony was named after a it's major river.
2) Delaware was located in the Atlantic coast of North America
3)The Delaware colony was classified as one of the Middle Colony.
1) Not dominated by a specific religion which gave way to religious freedom for Quakers, Catholics, Lutherans, Jews and others. Refer to Religion in the Colonies.
2) Pennsylvania was often referred to as a breadbasket colony because it grew so many crops, especially wheat. The wheat was ground into flour in flour mills then shipped to England.
1) Government: By 1775 New Jersey was governed as a Royal Colony.
2)In 1664 the British take control of New Jersey from the Dutch.
3)New Netherlands was renamed New Jersey and New Amsterdam was renamed New York.
Georgia was founded in February 12, 1773 by James Oglethorpe.
1)The last American colony was Georgia, founded 50 years after the other twelve.
2)Concentrated on agriculture and developed the plantations exporting tobacco, cotton, corn, vegetables, grain, fruit and livestock
3) Not dominated by a specific religion which gave way to religious freedom for Baptists, Anglicans and others
Massachusetts was founded in 1620 by the Pilgrim Fathers.
1) Farming was difficult for crops like wheat because of the poor soil bur corn, pumpkins, rye, squash, and beans were planted.
2) It's nickname is Bay
South Carolina was founded in the year 1663 by King Charles II
1) It was originally part of an English Colony kown as the Province of Carolina.
2)Named after King Charles.
Maryland was founded in 1663 by George Calvert, Lord Baltimore and other colonists.
1) Maryland was named after the wife of King Charles l.
2) Colony's nickname was "The act of Tolleration.
3)Tabacco was considered currency at one time.
New Hampshire was founded by Capton John Mason in 1622
1) New Hampshire is named after Hampshire England.
2)They used animal skins to keep warm and used snow shoes in thick snow.
3) The land was rocky and covered with trees.
Virgina was founded in 1607 by John Smith.
1) The Virigna Colonists were Anglicans
2)Going to church was an important affair.
3)The children of wealthy planters lived fairly easy lives.
North Carolina was founded in 1653 by the Virgina Colonists.
1) Charles the ll named it after his father, Charles the l
2)North Carolina's biggest agriculture was producing indigo, tabacco and rice.
3)It was the furthest away from European Influence.
Rhode island was founded in the year of 1790 by Roger Williams.
1) They made it a colony in 1790
2)There were already Indians living there.
3) Roger bought it from them later on, never stole it.
New York was founded in 1626 by Peter Minuit.
1)New York was a dutch colony
2)The New York Colony was not dominated by a specific religion and residents were free to worship as they chose. There were Catholics, Jews, Lutherans, and Quakers among others.
3)Natural resources in the New York Colony included agricultural land, coal, furs, forestry (timber), and iron ore.