Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Science Project Solar Energy
Transcript of Science Project Solar Energy
Isabella B. Part B
Christopher N. Part C
Jenica P. Part D
Alternative Energy Source - Solar Energy
Light and heat from the sun make up what you would call solar energy. Land surfaces, oceans, and our atmosphere all absorb solar energy, which increases their temperature. 30% of that energy is reflected off earth and back into space.
Solar energy is used for many things. It is able to heat things like water and buildings. Solar energy could be used to power an entire home. It is even found in basic tasks, such as using the sun to dry your clothes. Things like washer & dryers, heating hot water for the bath, powering the oven, and lighting your home, can all be run with solar energy.
1. Describe two differences between passive solar heating and active solar heating systems?
2. In Canada which side of a building receives the most radiant energy from the sun?
3. What type of energy is produced from radiant energy in photovoltaic panels?
1. Two differences between passive solar heating and active solar energy systems are that passive solar energy is a more natural process that require a window on a house while to be able to obtain active solar energy you must have a man made device (solar panels)
2. Canada is located in the northern hemisphere. The side of the building that receives most light is the south side of the building. The Earth's equator receives direct sunlight, so northern countries get sunlight from the south.
3. Electricity is produced from radiant energy that is absorbed by photovoltaic panels.
Thank you for watching.
I hope you learned a lot.
Solar Energy is one of the few renewable energy sources on our planet; so it is important that we find an efficient way to harness it, transfer it into energy and store it for the future. A few examples are the passive solar energy. All you need is a window that receives radiant energy. Or Rawlemon's sphere that can get the sun from any angle.
Solar energy will play a big role in our future, we are the future so lets make sure we have a clean and renewable one.
This video clip is called:
"The Future Is Here-
Energy Source 2014"
This type of machine that captures the suns rays is from a company called Rawlemon. It is more efficient than pivoting solar panels and fixed solar panels.
As the video said the future is not green. The future is transparent! By collecting the suns rays and converting them into energy we need for our everyday lives, we will have found way to capture a renewable source of energy more efficiently than before. Thus we can slow down the production of non-renewable energy sources.
Solar energy can be be used as a source of energy in numerous ways. There are a number of reasons why people are interested in solar energy. Conventional energy sources are getting more expensive. But solar energy is a renewable, cheaper energy source that can power homes, cars, and many more.
An alternative energy source is a source of energy that is not as common as conventional sources; they tend to be renewable and have few negative impacts on the environment.
A renewable energy source is a source of energy that can be reused over and over again without running out.