Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Introduction to Poetry
Transcript of Introduction to Poetry
What is poetry?
What is a poem?
Concerns & ideas?
What are your thoughts/feelings/beliefs/opinions towards poetry? Why?
Why do we read poetry?
Why do we write poetry?
Definition (Oxford dictionary)
Literary work in which the expression of feelings and ideas is given intensity by the use of distinctive style and rhythm.
A quality of beauty and intensity of emotion regarded as characteristic of poems:
Something regarded as comparable to poetry in its beauty:
Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words.
Poetry is nearer to vital truth than history.
A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language.
W. H. Auden
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash.
You will find poetry nowhere unless you bring some of it with you.
Poetry is thoughts that breathe, and words that burn.
What makes a good poem?