Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of IBS
newly diagnosed IBS sufferers seeking to identify your triggers
Importance of identifying individual triggers
a new way to track...
Type of things you will track
a bit about fibre
where can you find it?
• Dried or tinned beans
• Brown rice
• The flesh of fruits such as apples and oranges
• Dried fruits
• Vegetables such as carrots
skins of fruits and root vegetables
wheat and corn bran
vegetables such as cauliflower and green beans.
Where can you find it?
Water & IBS
If you have diarrhoea
Have your 8 glasses but not at meal times
• Broccoli, onions, and cabbage
• Fried or fatty foods such as chips
• Milk products such as cheese or ice cream
• Caffeine in coffee, tea, and some fizzy drinks
How you eat may also trigger symptoms.
Extreme temperatures, particularly if consumed together,
such as ice-cold water and steaming hot soup.
Large meals. Try to eat less at each meal,
or have four or five small meals a day.
• Refined breads and cereals
• Refined foods such as crisps and biscuits
• Drinks such as coffee, fizzy drinks, and alcohol
• High-protein diets.
Constipation Prevention strategies:
• Gradually increase daily fibre.
-Good sources of fibre
• Drink eight glasses of plain water a day
• Try ground flaxseed.
• Too much fibre
• Food and drinks
• Fizzy drinks
• Large meals
• Fried and fatty foods
• Food and drinks with dairy
• Foods with wheat
Diet triggers for IBS diarrhoea
• Eat a moderate amount of soluble fibre.
•Avoid extreme temperatures
• Reduce or avoid certain foods
• Eat smaller portions
• Drink six to eight glasses of plain water a day
• Consult with your doctor or a dietitian
Diarrhoea Prevention strategies
Go & Download
• Problems at work
• Problems at home
• Financial problems
• A sense that things are beyond your control.
Stress prevention strategies
• Practice healthy living
• Do something fun
• Try behavioural therapy
• Talk to people
• Plan ahead.
Once you have identified your triggers
NHS choices, 2012. Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). [online] Available from: http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Irritable-bowel-syndrome/Pages/Treatment.aspx [Accessed 14/11/2013]
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. 2008, Irritable bowel syndrome in adults, (NICE clinical guideline 61) NICE, Manchester.