Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Choosing Healthy Snacks
Transcript of Choosing Healthy Snacks
Bloomberg Big Brothers Big Sisters
Sarah Strong, MS, RD
February 5, 2014
Name that Candy Bar
Name the Fruit or Vegetable
Healthy Snacking Tips
ot in front of the TV
m I really hungry?
hoose few ingredient foods
itchen is a good place to eat
it Down, Slow Down, Savor
Nutrition Labels Are Confusing!
Reduced-Fat Peanut Butter
What food has fewer calories?
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup gummy bears
What drink has fewer calories?
12 oz 100% orange juice
12 oz soda
Healthier Snack Options
Whole wheat pretzels
Nuts and seeds
Hard boiled eggs
Whole wheat bread + PB
Whole wheat pita + hummus
Guacamole and baked chips
Salsa and baked tortilla chips
What is the serving size?
How many servings are in the entire package?
How much would you typically eat?
How many calories is in one serving?
How many calories if you ate the entire container?
Is this food high or low in saturated fat?
Is this a good source of calcium?
Putting it all together ...
Nutrient dense vs. empty calories
Check the nutrition facts
Check the ingredients list