Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Unit 2 Lesson 10
Transcript of Unit 2 Lesson 10
The order or arrangement of words in a sentence.
The variations of length and structure that authors use
Mother continues to push her daughter to be something that she isn't
The mother is disappointed in her daughter, once again, for not being more talented/successful
The daughter declares that she is no longer going to try t something that she is not
What is the root of the conflict between the mother and the daughter?
Get your Springboard book
Copy down the EQs, then put the word of the day in your dictionary
Answer the following questions:
How would you describe your parent/guardian's approach to parenting (strict, involved, etc.)? Explain.
Do you think that someday you will take the same approach to parenting as your own parent/guardian?
Analyze the syntax of the first paragraph- what do the arrangement of the words and the short, abrupt sentences symbolize about the mother?
Annotate and circle unknown vocabulary words
Discuss your responses to the do now
Track your classmate
Thursday, October 2nd
Answer the EQ
How can syntax mirror or symbolize the content of a story?