Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of amnesia
Amnesia is defined as the total or partial loss of memory. There is considerable heterogeneity regarding amnesic syndromes. Reports of several types of amnesia can be found in the literature to this date and there is also great diversity in the neuropsychopathology of amnesia.
definition of amnesia
trouble learning new information
difficulties forming new memories
types of amnesia
The most common form of psychogenic amnesia is that associated with a violent experience, such as being mugged or raped.
disease that strikes later in life and is characterized by degeneration of certain neurons in the brain. Memory problems are one of the first warning signs of this illness