Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
7 Steps to Annotate Informational Text
Transcript of 7 Steps to Annotate Informational Text
Note the author's purpose at the top of the page.
EX: Entertainment, informational, persuade
Note the organizational pattern at the top of the page & highlight cue words.
EX: Chronological, Compare/Contrast, Description, Problem/Solution, Cause/Effect
Number the paragraphs and underline topic sentence (main idea)
Circle new or important words. Research the words you don't know and write the definition
Identify text features.
EX: Title, headings/subheadings, captions, pictures, graphs, charts, tables and footnotes
Text to text
Text to World
Text to Self
EX: Who, What, When, Where, Why and How....AsK a question and predict an answer