Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Post Impressionism
What is Post Impressionism?
Artists reactions to Impressionism
Created pathways for future
Form, color, emotion, design
Not a movement, but a time period
Extended Impressionism to new level
Experimented in color
Pointilism: contrasting of miniature dots of colors that form a single hue
Built with paint
wanted to reveal nature's basic structures& their relationships in space
father of modern sculpture
first to sculpt real emotion
Multiples of same figures
experimented with color and flatness of form
Vincent Van Gogh
used color arbitrarily to express emotional intensity
thought landscape had expressive emotional significance
Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
always felt like outsider, uses dividers in pictures
Van Gogh 1890
Painting Answer Key
1. Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grand Jatte by Seurat 1884
2. Pyramid of Skulls by Cezanne 1901
3. Mounte Sainte-Victoire Seen from Lauves by Cezanne 1902
4. The Three Shades by Rodin 1881
5. The Kiss by Rodin 1881
6. The Thinker by Rodin 1881
7. Gates of Hell by Rodin 1880-1917
8. The Bedroom by Van Gogh 1889
9. At the Moulin de la Galette by Lautrec 1889
10. Self Portrait by Van Gogh
11. Le Lit by Lautrec 1891
12. At the Moulin Rouge by Lautrec 1892
Identify These Paintings
Compare and Contrast These Paintings...
By Gerrit Garberich and Anna Nelson