Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Breaking Down Monologues: A Step by Step Guide
Transcript of Breaking Down Monologues: A Step by Step Guide
Step 1: Identify
Step 2: Break into "beats"
Step 3: Blocking and Objective
Write in Director Notes:
Blocking is when an
actor moves on the stage
Objective is what a character
in a scene is "fighting" for
Inflection is how an actor delivers
their lines through the use of breath
and vocal qualities
An "Action" or sometimes called "tactic"
is how a character intends to get their
It is important to understand
the text; understanding the text
will reveal your character's objective within a scene
A "beat" is the smallest unit of action in a play or scene