Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
How to Take Good Notes
Transcript of How to Take Good Notes
Start a new page for each new class each day.
Rhode Island is the smallest state with the longest name. The official name, used on all state documents, is “Rhode Island and Providence Plantations.”
You know EVERYTHING there is to know about taking good notes.
and study questions
of your notes
For example, make
: Courage and fortitude.
: Columbus discovered America.
Doing this just before starting homework in a particular subject can help a student focus on the topic at hand.
Review notes after class to make sure they're accurate and complete.
But you know enough to
start taking better notes
Okay. Not really.
Abbreviate any word
by leaving out the vowels.
Leave space between topics or ideas so you can scan the page more easily later.
Develop your own system of
abbreviations or symbols
R.I. = smallest state, longest name
Off. name = "R.I. & Providence Plantations"
• Listen for word clues from the teacher
Teachers often signal what's important to note,
using phrases such as...
"the three incidents that led to
the War of 1812 were… ..."
And most importantly....
Pre-read a textbook chapter to get an idea of what it
is about, rather than simply wading in.
in 6 tips or less