Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
INDEFINITE & DEFINITE ARTICLES 2 (I12)
Transcript of INDEFINITE & DEFINITE ARTICLES 2 (I12)
- A child goes to school.
(as a student)
- A student goes to college.
- A criminal goes to prison or to jail.
(as a prisoner)
- Someone goes to church.
(for a religious service)
- Mrs. Kelly went to the school to meet her son's teachers.
(as a visitor)
- Ken went to the jail.
(as a visitor)
- The workers went to the church.
(to repair the roof)
The sea, The sky, The ground, The city, The country. For example:
-Would you rather live in the city or in the country?
We say: Space
(not the space)
when we mean Space in the universe. For example:
-There are millions of stars in space.
4-We say :
The movies, The theater, The radio
The television = The television set. For example:
- I watched the news on television.
- When he has nothing to do, he just cleans the television.
1- We say THE when there's only one of something.
- What's the longest river in the world?
- The only TV program she watches is the news.
- The earth goes around the sun.
(Also: the moon / the world / the universe)
2- We say THE when we say something in particular:
-I like your garden. The flowers are beautiful.
(the flowers in your garden, not flowers in general)
-Children learn a lot from playing.
-We took the children to the zoo.
(my own children for example)
- go to bed / be in bed
(not the bed)
It's time to go to bed now.
- go to work / be at work / start work / finish work
(not the work)
What time do you finish work?
-He tried to park his car, but the space wasn't good enough.
7-THE + ADJECTIVE
- The rich / The poor
- The old / The young
- The blind / The deaf
- The sick / The dead
- The disabled / The unemployed
- The injured / The homeless
- There are NPOs that help the poor in our country.