Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
INDEFINITE & DEFINITE ARTICLES 2 (I12)
Transcript of INDEFINITE & DEFINITE ARTICLES 2 (I12)
- A child goes to school.
(as a student)
- A student goes to college.
- A criminal goes to prison or to jail.
(as a prisoner)
- Someone goes to church.
(for a religious service)
- Mrs. Kelly went to the school to meet her son's teachers.
(as a visitor)
- Ken went to the jail.
(as a visitor)
- The workers went to the church.
(to repair the roof)
The sea, The sky, The ground, The city, The country. For example:
-Would you rather live in the city or in the country?
We say: Space
(not the space)
when we mean Space in the universe. For example:
-There are millions of stars in space.
4-We say :
The movies, The theater, The radio
The television = The television set. For example:
- I watched the news on television.
- When he has nothing to do, he just cleans the television.
1- We say THE when there's only one of something.
- What's the longest river in the world?
- The only TV program she watches is the news.
- The earth goes around the sun.
(Also: the moon / the world / the universe)
2- We say THE when we say something in particular:
-I like your garden. The flowers are beautiful.
(the flowers in your garden, not flowers in general)
-Children learn a lot from playing.
-We took the children to the zoo.
(my own children for example)
- go to bed / be in bed
(not the bed)
It's time to go to bed now.
- go to work / be at work / start work / finish work
(not the work)
What time do you finish work?
-He tried to park his car, but the space wasn't good enough.
7-THE + ADJECTIVE
- The rich / The poor
- The old / The young
- The blind / The deaf
- The sick / The dead
- The disabled / The unemployed
- The injured / The homeless
- There are NPOs that help the poor in our country.