Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Oral Surgery
- 4 years of dental school
- 4 years of medical school
-2 years of oral surgery specialty
3 years of residency - 18 months training for medical and surgical purposes
-6 months for anesthesia
-4 months of general surgery
-3 months of neurosurgery
-1 month of medicine
- 2 months of cardiology
-1 month of otolaryngology
- 1 month of ER training Residency Includes: -Plastic Surgery
- Wisdom Teeth Extrcaction/ Teeth Extractions
-Temporomandibular Joint Repair
-Reconstruction Oral Surgery Procedures Education Includes dental implants to replace missing teeth and preserve the jaw bone, restore missing gum tissue and protect root surfaces from sensitivity and decay, and correct the excessive gum tissue. Plastic Surgery Wisdom Teeth Extraction/
Surgical Teeth Extractions First step: anesthesia
Second step: opening of the gum tissue
Third step: removal of tooth
Fourth step: stitching Needed when the jaw doesnt meet correctly or the teeth dont fit properly in the jaw. Jaw Surgery Temporomandibularjoint repair -Its the joint that connects the skull and lower jaw and is located in front of the ear
- Disorders result in injury or grinding of the teeth -Reconstructions result from car accidents or gun wounds Reconstructions - generally: $200,000
-own private practice : $300,000
- with experience: up to $450,000 Salary http://www.schoolsintheusa.com/careerprofiles_details.cfm?carid=484
http://www.dremed.com/oral_surgery.shtml Citations Simple Teeth Extraction
First step: loosening of the tooth
Second step: removal of the tooth -In a hospital
-In an outpatient clinic Place of Employment _Anesthesia Machines
-Vital Signs Monitors
-Medical Gas Equipment
-LED Lighting Special Equipment Used