Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Changing Lives Through Music
Transcript of Changing Lives Through Music
Skills Innovation & Creativity Critical Thinking
& Problem-Solving Communication Learning and Innovation • Initiative & Self-Direction • Social & Cross-Cultural Skills Life and Career Skills • Productivity & Accountability • Flexibility & Adaptability (cc) photo by theaucitron on Flickr (cc) photo by theaucitron on Flickr Changing Lives Through Music Focus on Social Change Peer Teaching Performances Community Involvement Frequency h 21st Century Skills Strong Communities Community Collaboration El Sistema Venezuela Sistema Global Art as a RIGHT Lack of Fear of Failure Other Features of El Sistema Afghanistan USA Uruguay Trinidad and Tobago Switzerland South Africa Scotland Puerto Rico Peru Philippines Paraguay Panama Nicaragua Mexico Korea Japan Jamaica India Honduras Guatemala England El Salvador Ecuador Dominican Republic Cuba Costa Rica Colombia Canada Brazil Bolivia Australia Argentina Venezuela Photo by Marta Miskaryan Russia El Sistema Around The World A sense of belonging Arts Research Enhanced neuroplasticity Development of Communities Accessibility Ensemble Learning What makes El Sistema special?
“The truth is, I have never felt so moved. Not only because of the emotion of the moment... but I must say because of the quality of the El Sistema musicians”
– Placido Domingo Musicians www.ArtsEdSearch.org -Richard Riley “The top 10 in-demand jobs in the future don't exist today. We are currently preparing students for jobs that don't yet exist, using technologies that haven't been invented, in order to solve problems we don't even know are problems yet." TED Prize 2009 "Almost no one knows about what is going on in Venezuela. But to me, it is the example that every country should follow. What I have learned here is unbelievable. It is something moving. I don't understand why no one else has thought of creating it this way."
-Claudio Abbado Norway Austria Italy Ireland Portugal France Finland Sweden Denmark Greece Romania Bosnia Croatia Slovenia Malta Executive Functioning Skills High state of motivation Ability to manipulate information in both working and long-term memory Skills in geometrical representation Reading acquisition and sequence learning Partnership Service Self-determination Inclusion, equal opportunity and anti-discrimination Participation Empowerment El Sistema Boston Commitment to innovation and learning Connectivity Joy! Teaching Artists HOW EL SISTEMA CAN EMPOWER OUR YOUTH AND CREATE BETTER CITIZENS OF TOMORROW Former U.S. Secretary of Education Heritage Special Needs