Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Growing seed
Transcript of The Growing seed
Only found in the book of Mark!
The context of this parable appears to go along with "The parable of sower" (Mark 4:1-20) and "The parable of the mustard seed" (Mark 4:30-32)
Mark 4:14 -> Seed identified as the Word of God. (Also Luke 8:11)
Growth is the key! (Mark 4:26-28; 1Cor 3:5-7)
Mystery (Power of the Word)
Parallelism with "The Sower"
"The sower" -> Emphasizes on human responsibility (Luke 8:15) --> Soil
"The Growing seed" -> Emphasizes on the power within the Word --> Seed
A good and noble heart cannot bear fruit by itself, it takes the seed (which has the power within itself) to grow and germinate in a good soil.
Word of God is powerful (Heb 4:12) and make us grow (1Pet 2:1-2)
Spiritual growth in our lives
By receiving the word into our own hearts.
With Noble hearts (Luke 8:15)
With Meekness (James 1:21)
Sowing the seed (word of God) everywhere --> Sharing
Remember that growth comes only by the power of the seed (Word of God)
Growth comes in stages (James 5:7)