Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Modernism and Arcitecture
Transcript of Modernism and Arcitecture
Use of Modern Material
Involved Principles of Functionalism
1850s, glass and iron become appreciated
France begins using concrete
First major modernist architecture, France 1889
Accepted by the 1920s
Views on building has changed Architecture Advances
Use of Space
Efficient Philip Johnson Works Cited
Craven, Jackie. "Philip Johnson's Glass House - Modern Houses - Architecture Pictures." Architecture and House Styles - Architecture and House Styles Facts and Photos. Web. 29 Apr. 2010. <http://architecture.about.com/od/greatbuildings/ig/Modern-and-Postmodern-Houses/Glass-House.htm>.
"The Glass House | Philip Johnson." The Philip Johnson Glass House. Web. 29 Apr. 2010. <http://philipjohnsonglasshouse.org/history/bios/johnson/>.
"Modern Architecture." Answers.com: Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus, and Encyclopedias. Web. 29 Apr. 2010. <http://www.answers.com/topic/modern-architecture>.