Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
In your composition book:
Transcript of In your composition book:
Elements, Compounds & Mixtures
1) Go to Canvas
2) Select Classifying Matter Unit
3) Select Substances & Mixtures
4) Complete Bellwork Interactive
- What is a chemical formula?
- What is an elemental symbol?
- What is an element?
- What is a compound?
Elements – Substances made up of only one type of atom.
- Cannot be separated by any physical OR chemical process.
Compound – Two or more elements chemically bonded together.
- Cannot be separated by any physical process.
- Can only be separated by a chemical reaction.
1) Instruction & Video
2) White board practice
3) Table Practice
identify elements, compounds and mixtures given an example.
determine the number of each element in a compound given the chemical formula
On a sticky note...in your own words, what is the difference between a compound and an element?
Next we will move on to Mixtures...
"Homo" - the same
"Hetero" - different