Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of LINE: Elements of Art
Transcript of Copy of LINE: Elements of Art
Line - is a mark on a surface that describes a shape or outline.
It can create texture and can be thick and thin.
a horizontal line
Example: Horizon Line
- poise, alertness, balance, equilibrium, firmness, strength
Berthe Morisot | Musée d’Orsay, Paris
- grace and beauty
Drawing With Lines
LINES IN ARCHITECTURE
1. the general orientation of a building or structure which manifests a predominant line
2. the external design of the building
3. the ornamental design of interiors
4. ground plan of a building which shows the management of volume and space following social, political and aesthetic values
LINE IN SCULPTURE
1. has to do with contour lines that change with the point of view of the moving viewer
2. found in the general orientation or directional thrust of the figure
3. found in the form of incised or raised designs and patterns on the body of the sculpture
1. Classical Ballet
2. Traditional Asian Dances
LINES IN DANCE
Danaë by Rembrandt
Rizal Monument in Madrid Spain
Sugar Bowl and Apples
Hanging a Poem on a Cherry Tree (Japan, Edo period -1868 -1615)
by Ishikawa Toyonobu
Apartment Rows: Horizontal Orientation
European Gothic Cathedrals: Vertical Orientation
San Sebastian Church, Manila
Betis Church, Pampanga
Daraga Church, Albay
Interior of San Agustin Church
Lines combine with color to make shapes
Vincent Van Gogh
Crosshatching is the
drawing of two layers
of hatching at right-angles
to create a mesh-like pattern.
Multiple layers in varying
directions can be used to create textures.
the line which defines
a form or edge - an outline.
of line are:
Thick, Thin, tapering,
Lines made by the
edge of an object
or its silhouette
lines that are energetic and catches the moment and gestures of an active figure
do you see?
Types of Lines