Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Maze Runner
Transcript of The Maze Runner
(127) Simile: "The walls slammed shut behind him, the echo of its boom bouncing off the ivy covered stone like mad laughter." (112) Tone: "A fear he had never known filled him to the point of insanity." (128) Mood: " No movement, no light, no sound." (129) Main Characters Review Thomas Alby Teresa The end Chuck Newt Minho Thomas woke up, alone and in a dark metal box, with no memory of his past life. Soon after a loud and antagonizing ride to the surface, he is pulled out of the box by a group of teenage boys that call themselves "The Gladers" He quickly learns that he is trapped in a maze, with horrendous creatures called grievers.
He soon gets trapped outside the walls that shut every night to keep out the grievers. No one had ever survived the night, but he did. he was promoted to a runner, who runs through the maze and makes maps from their findings. On one of his runs, he comes across a hole in midair. That is the last normal day there. the next day, A girl arrives, and the doors don't close for the night. They carried off one of the gladers and disappear. A message comes that says the grievers will carry off one glader per night. Will Thomas save the Gladers? Read the book to find out. The main character of the series, Thomas is the second to last person to arrive at the glade. He quickly gains the gladers respect when he survives a night outside the glade.
He eventually leads the group out of the glade and into the "Real World." Chuck is Thomas's best friend.
He serves as the comic relief of the book. Alby is the elected leader of the Gladers. He is faced with hard decisions, such as creating rules and being head of research. Newt is Alby's right hand man, lieutenant, or sidekick. He is a valuable member of the group and will take over if somthing happens to Alby. Teresa is the last person to arrive at the Glade. She triggers "The Ending." This forces the gladers to find a way out. Minho is the keeper of the runners. He becomes a valuable friend of Thomas's. I have to say, this book is quite good. It has a good plot and leaves you reeling (In a good way.) in the end. The book is well written, with lots of good descriptive words and literary devices. Representative picture