Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Advertising
Statistics and facts
Conventions of TV advertising
Introduction to advertising
Imagery of product
Non-diegetic Film Score
Non-diegetic Voice over
Learning Objective: To understand the purpose and effect of advertisements.
What makes a successful advert?
Advertising companies use several techniques to make
an advert successful.
Get yourself in to groups of 3-4
You are now ready to create your
own advert now.
What is advertising?
Discuss this with a partner,
try and come up with
Play the game!
You need to identify the brand by looking at the logo.
Advertising is a form of communication. It
is used to encourage or persuade an
audience to take some new action (normally buying a product).
Write down as many
places as possible
where you see
How does the industry work?
Companies pay a lot of money for people to create
successful adverts for them. If the advertisement is not successful - no-one would buy the product and the company would lose money.
Goes into the Media
Public see the advert
Gets a new product and
wants to sell lots of it.
Learn about the product and talk to
the company about what they want.
They get given a brief
Create the advertising
campaign (posters/TV ads/
The advert goes out in
to the media for the public to see.
The public see the advert
about the product and
hopefully go and buy it.
Think of an advert you have
seen recently that you thought was really good.
Why did you think it was good? What made it so effective?
There are many forms of advertising
Use a whole page and make a mind map
Photo of the product
Let's have a look
You are going to create a print advert. Answer the following questions before you begin:
1. What is your product (you can make up a new product)
2. Who is your target audience?
3. What advertising conventions are you going to include?
4. What type of camera shot are you going to use?
We can call these the conventions of advertising
Sketch out your advert in your books. Use a whole page.
1 thing that is good about their advert
1 thing they could improve
Discuss with a partner........
Analyse your own poster
1. What did you enjoy most?
2. What was hardest?
3. What product is your advert selling?
4. Which advertising conventions did you use?
5. How is your slogan effective?
6. How could you improve your advert?
7. If your group decide to choose your product - what will your advert be like? Storyboard your idea out.
You need to create a 6 slide PowerPoint including the following information:
Name of your brand
The product you are going to advertise
Props you are going to bring in
Music/voiceover you are going to need
Brief narrative of the advert
What roles each group member will have
Tube Station Walls
What is being sold?
Who is the target audience?
Why is the advert appealing?
Learning Objective: To understand the conventions and appeal of television adverts