Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of List-Group-Label
An Academic Vocab. Strategy
Steps of L-G-L
1. Brainstorm a list of words prior to reading.
2. Add words to your list while reading.
3. After reading students organize words into categories based on similarities.
4. Students add labels to their categories.
In the Spanish classroom
Students learn a broad range of new vocabulary.
This strategy will help them categorize their new words into meaningful lists.
English Language Learners (ELLs)
ELLs should be able to list words in their native language during the brainstorming process. They can then translate the words into English. This allows them to write more than just the few words that they already know in English.
This strategy might be best utilized as an assessment.
The List-Group-Label (L-G-L) strategy develops students’ academic vocabulary by categorizing words into groups that relate to similar concepts. Students begin this activity by brainstorming words that relate to a certain topic of the teacher’s choice.
Brainstorm and list your words:
plátano, zanahoria, pollo, queso, torta, perejíl, tocino, uva, concombre,galleta, pescado, lechuga, tomate, leche, aguagcate, sandía, bistec, pavo,
manzana, fresa, cebolla, pastel, higo, pimiento, lomo, huevo, pescado, yogur, azúcar
Label your categories
Group your words based on
Group 1: llátano, uva, sandía, manzana, fresa, higo
Group 2: zanahoria, perejíl, concombre, lechuga, tomate, aguacate, cebolla, pimiento
Group 3: pollo, tocino, pescado, bistec, pavo, lomo, pato
Group 4: queso, leche, huevos, yogur
Group 5: torta, galleta, pastel, azúcar
: plátano, uva, sandía, manzana, fresa, higo
: zanahoria, perejíl, concombre,
lechuga, tomate, aguacate, cebolla, pimiento
: pollo, tocino, pescado, bistec, pavo, lomo, pato
: queso, leche, huevos, yogur
: torta, galleta, pastel, azúcar