Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Carpenter
1. Read blueprints so you can lay out the project.
2. Measure and cut lengths of wood.
3. Assemble the frames of buildings using nail guns or other tools.
4. Lift walls, floor joists, and roof beams into place then secure them.
5. Put in cabinets, doors, stairs, porches, and any other small projects in the buildings. Working Conditions
Carenters work for construction companies, carpentry contractors, or the maintenance departments of companies. Alot of carpenters are self-employed. Many work about 50 hours a week during a busy job.
The job take place in the summer but in other weathers they stop working or shorten their days of work.The hazards in a carpenter job include risk of falling and cuts from tools or sharp materials. Earnings
A carpenter makes $21 to $38 dollars an hour but Apprentices earn a percentage of what a labourer makes. If you work in a rainy or snowy city then you will lose work time so that means no money. Level 1
They Make $10 to $20 dollars a hour
You need a High School Diploma
Need to be in a Apprenticeship program
You need to be able to know how to sand, provide general assistance to the senior carpenter, clean up, set up machines Level 2
Makes $30,000 to $50,000 a year
Designing and building projects on your own
Building client relationships Level 3
Senior Carpenter or Manager
Makes $50,000 to $70,000
Over 10 years of carpentry experience
Need to Supervise, oversee large objects, take on Apprentice Carpenters
Be able to coordinate a team of carpenters
Makes $50,000 to $80,000 a year
10 years of carpentry experience
Knowledge of the business
Manage employees, accounting, advertising Carpenter Career Path Related Jobs
Architect, Bricklayer, Stonemason, Building Inspector, Cabinetmaker, Concrete Mason, Drywaller, Electrician, Flooring Installer, Glazier, Home Inspector, Insulator, Ironworker,Plasterer, Plumber, Renovator, Roofer, Tilesetter. Future Prospects
There are 23 jobs in my area which is around Fort St. John, Peace River, Prince George, Quesnel, Smithers and 24 jobs in British Columbia.