Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Weathering and Soil Erosion
Transcript of Weathering and Soil Erosion
Causes: Rocks Expand, Cracks in sidewalks, Rocks in a riverbed are scraped by moving objects in the water
Erosion- Process by which weathered rock and soil particles are moved from one place to another
Agents of Erosion:
Major agent of erosion in hot, dry climate
- Pulls rocks and soil down slopes
- Water is more power than wind to move particles when water moves faster, erosion is better.
- Have a capacity to carry HUGE rock, piles of debrisover great distance; scratch/grind the surface
Two Types of Weathering
Mechanical- Rocks are broken into smaller pieces but their chemical
makeup does not change
Chemical- chemical makeup of rocks is changed as rocks are broken
Causes: Combines with mineral to make new mineral
Weathering- Breaking down of rocks and other materials on the earth's surface.