Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Selection Sort
Lubna Maqbool Khawaja
2014 May 11
What is Selection Sort ?
Selection sort is a very simple sorting algorithm which is very useful for sorting a small amount of data.
This type of sorting is called "Selection Sort" because it works by repeatedly element.
For i = 0 to n - 2
temp = a [ i ]
loc = i
for j = i + 1 to n - 1
if a [ j ] < a [ loc ]
loc = j
a [ i ] = a [ loc ]
a [ loc ] = temp
It is very easy to understand and learn.
It is still one of the slower methods
HOW A SELECTION SORT WORKS ?
1- find the smallest element
in the list.
2- Exchange the element in
the first position and
the smallest element.
3- Repeat step 1 and 2 with the
list having one less element
SELECTION SORT PROGRAM
Comparison to other