Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
HRIS - HR BASIC TRAINING by philippe schartz
Transcript of HRIS - HR BASIC TRAINING by philippe schartz
HR Basic Training
> gain in time
Automating processes, de-centralising HR, reducing the number of 'agents', having easy access to the necessary info, ... strongly reduces the used time. This time can be invested in tasks with more added value.
By automating processes, having info from first hand and having the same info only on 1 spot, you stronlgy reduce the amount of errors
A more interesting job, a source of strategic information, less errors, quicker answers to one's questions, HR self-service, .... will automatically result in a higher degree of satisfaction for the employees, the managers, for HR staff and the company's board!
Reduced process cycle time, less errors, more automation, quicker access to info results in a high degree of efficiency.
Process cycle time reduction means reduction of costs. More tasks can be done by less people. The time gained can be invested to create more added value.
> strategic info
By centralising all HR info on 1 spot, by measuring and analysing it, and by drawing conclusions for future management decisions from this infromation, makes it a valuable strategical decision tool
(-> cfr. Frank's part)
> added value
Not only the HR job will become more interesting with a new focus on tasks with a higher added value, also the information that can be extracted from the HRIS will provide high added value strategic management info
< routine tasks
Less 'dull' routine tasks, means the HR job becomes a lot more interesting and challenging, but also requires higher HR profiles. The purely 'clerical' profiles will dissapear.
8 reasons why you
should get a HRIS
What is HRIS?
Choice of HRIS
Standard tool vs. taylor made solution
- Huge difference in price
- Access to sensitive data
- Usefull in case of specific needs
- Different implementation effort
- "Standardized flexibility"
- Future proof / updates
-> Opportunity to review existing processes !
Integrated solution vs. niche player
- One point of access / easy access
- All info centralized
- Less risk of out-dated or incorrect info
- Less functionalities?
- Less administration
- Re-use and combine existing data (eg. reporting)
- Exploit available data (eg. alerts)
- "Transmodular" flows possible
Future Trends in HRIS
Here are some of the elements that will influence the future evolution of Talent ...
Conversation & social media
Flexible teams & collaboration
Measurement & Reporting
Mobile devices & user experience
Work-life balance & work@home
Good HRIS is SCI-FI !
S imple is use
Attendees should understand
- what HRIS is about
- why a company should get a HRIS
- What the pitfalls are in a HRIS project
-> & be able to advize their customers on this matter.
! This is not a demo on Securex HRIS products !
- 8y HR generalist (McBride, Artic, Terbeke)
- 8y HRIS @ Securex (mainly Talent)
A Human Resources Management System (HRMS) or Human Resources Information System (HRIS), refers to the systems and processes at the intersection between human resource management (HRM) and information technology. It merges HRM as a discipline and in particular its basic HR activities and processes with the information technology field, whereas the programming of data processing systems evolved into standardized routines and packages of enterprise resource planning (ERP) software.
On the whole, these ERP systems have their origin on software that integrates information from different applications into one universal database. The linkage of its financial and human resource modules through one database is the most important distinction to the individually and proprietary developed predecessors, which makes this software application both rigid and flexible.
Benefits of HRIS
HRIS only for large companies?
What is the most used tool for HR worldwide?
User interface, user-firendly, manual, ...
All info in one tool, payroll, talent, documents, roadmap ...
One input, related information, easy interfacing, ...
Built-in flexibility, customer's autonomy / DIY, ...
What type of reports, automatic alerts, KPI's, ...
- History and background of company
- Expertise / vision on the subject
- Number of implementations
- Customer experience
- Proof of concept (POC)
Tips to choose a HRIS partner
1) Underestimate project
2) Focus too much on the tool in stead of the content
3) Foresee too little time & manpower
4) Being too ambitious in scope/timing
5) No clear scope
6) Not question own processes
7) Not involve the end users in choice of tool
8) Neglect change management and internal communication
Successfull implementation - tips
1) Foresee a project manager
2) Analyse the strengths and weaknesses of current processes
3) Know in which direction you want to evolve
4) Define a clear scope
5) Foresee in a realistic project plan
6) Foresee time and resources for meetings, testing, ...
7) Communicate from start to end with all stakeholders !!
When was the first HRIS created?
Evolution of Information Systems
Evolution of HR
(c) Gartner 2013