Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The boron group
Transcript of The boron group
Contains: one metalloid and five metals
elements in group 13
Today Al is an important metal used in making aircraft parts.Al is also used for automobile parts,foil,and cans.Al has a thin layer of Al oxide that quickly forms on its surface when Al reacts with O in the air.This layer prevents Al from further reacting.
Tin cans are mostly made out of Al not Sn(tin).
Boron, Aluminum, and Gallium
Boron Aluminum Gallium
valence electrons: 3
shared properties:solids at room temperature
symbol: B ,#5
Indium thallium ununtrim
Indium Thallium and Ununtrium
Al is the most common element in group 13.It is also the most abundant metal in Earth's crust.During the 1850's and 1860's Emperor Napoleon III of France used Al dinnerware because Al was more valuable than Au(gold).