Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Vocal, Licelle A. III-S(A) LECTURE3
Transcript of Vocal, Licelle A. III-S(A) LECTURE3
cognitive disabilities. Hosted on a hand held pocket PC, this system provides simplified access
as the computer automatically turns on and cues the user to begin task, travel to a specific location, or remember an event or appointment. COMMUNITY INTEGRATION SUITE FEATURES * This software suite enables users to launch any program from their personalized.
* Simplified windows desktop.
* Surf the internet or send and receive e-mail using pictures and audio prompts without any required reading or writing. THE SUIT INCLUDES : * Discovery desktop
* Web trek
* Web trek connect COMPATIBILITY : For use on IBM and compatible computers. DECT 6.0 EXPANDABLE DIGITAL CORDLESS PHONE WITH ANSWERING SYSTEM (MODELS KX-TG9332T & KX-TG9333T) The DECT (Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunication) 6.0 Expandable Digital Cordless Phone with Answering System is a cordless telephone with speakerphone and voice output caller identification designed for use by individuals who are blind or have low vision. FEATURES •Talking caller ID
•Talking alarm clock
•Talking battery alert
•The phone has a digital answering system
•Two (model KX-TG9332T) or Three (model KX-TG9333T) handsets.
GIMP GEAR ULTRA-PRECISION USB JOYSTICK MOUSE & PC GAME CONTROLLER The Gimp Gear Ultra Precision USB Joystick Mouse and PC Game Controller is a joystick mouse interface designed for use by individuals with upper extremity or neurological disabilities or cerebral palsy. FUNCTION This digital joystick utilizes differential magnetic fields without any mechanical parts to provide smooth operation. A sticky rubber joystick wrap prevent slipping. The user rests a hand passively over the teardrop shaped joystick handle for mouse pointer control. FEATURES * The unit has three large built-in buttons for left, right and middle (drag) clicking.
* The unit also has jacks for clicking with ability switches (not included).
* The unit can be programmed to function as a mouse or game controller. MILBAT KEYBOARD GUARD The Keyboard Guard is custom keyboard designed for use by individuals with upper extremity disabilities. Available with or without a USB connector, the keyboard is contained in a mental tray to protect it from impact. MILESTONE 312 DAISY PLAYER The Milestone 312 DAISY Player is a digital talking book player designed for use by individuals with blindness or low vision. FEATURES * This small device incorporates an audio books player.
* An accessible MP3/AAC player.
* Voice recorder ; FM tuner/recorder.
* Alarm clock
* And an RFID tag reader in one unit. - THE DAISY PLAYER OFFERS * Full access to heading levels.
* Page numbers
* Phrases, etc.
* It also supports bookmark setting and switching between books on the memory card. -THE MP3 PLAYER OFFERS * Accessible navigation.
* Supported by audible prompts. THE RFID TAG READER ALLOW USERS : * To tag and identify daily living objects such as medications, CDs, and food labels.
FEATURES * The size of a credit card.
* This device has one gigabyte of internal
* Plus an SD card interface for up to 32 gigabytes of storage. MOBILE GEO Mobile Geo is a voice output electronic mobility aid designed for use by individuals who are blind or who have low vision. FUNCTION * This navigation software works with Windows Mobile-based Smartphones, Pocket PC, phones and personal digital assistants (PDAs). FEATURES * Mobile Geo also seamlessly integrates with Code factory's cellphone screen readers.
* Mobile speak for Pocket PCs
* And mobile speak for windows mobile smartphones (sold separately, see entries).
* This software enables the user to pinpoint his/her location.
* Learn about the points of interest (POIs) in the immediate vicinity.
* Plan a route between specified points of origin and destination.
* Get instructions on maneuvers to make as well as information about way points along a route being followed. MOUNTBATTEN PRO LEARNING SYSTEM The Mountbatten Learning System (MBLS) is an electric braille writer and training device designed for use by children who are learning braille. THE SYSTEM INCLUDES * The system includes a mount batten electronic braille writer with digitized speech.
* Assignable function keys.
* Note taker and word processor functions.
* Sufficient memory for 600 braille pages.
* And the ability to transfer files to and from a personal computer (PC). FEATURES FOR STUDENTS * Include a braille math mode using the Nemeth braille mathematics code;
* Preloaded utilities to help students develop organizational skills.
* Including a diary, clock, alarm, appointment calendar and stop watch.
* Three learning modes that link music with braille.
* Including a Fun mode that provides play opportunities with peers and siblings. OPTIONS * Mimic text display to allow sighted instructor to view blind student's work.
* PC keyboard and
* Other languages and braille codes. POWER * Uses built-in rechargeable battery or power cord. NANO PDA-LITE The Nano PDA-Lite is a braille note taker and personal digital designed for use by individuals who are blind or have low vision. FEAUTURES * The unit has a Braille keyboard and cursor keys with voice output.
* Takes up to 90 minutes of recorded notes up to 1000 written notes. * Text notes are entered by using the Braille keyboard or the cursor keys; audio notes are entered through the recording function.
* Data can be transferred by serial interface or with a USB adapter (both adapters are included). THE UNIT : * Also includes an address book with up to 1000 entries.
* Calendar with up to 120 appointments.
* A calculator, timer and stop watch.
* The user can schedule reminders with an acoustic alarm.
* Has 10 volume levels and comes with an ear bud.
* Include games: Piano, dice, black jack, lotto, roulette, bingo and chess.
* Reviewed information is read in characters only.
* The unit has a reset button to reboot.
* It can be carried around the neck on a lanyard (not included) or attached to a belt using the included leather pouch and belt loop. POWER Uses rechargeable lithium-polymer battery. DIMENSIONS (HxLxW): 0.70 x 6.79 x 2.11 inches. WEIGHT: 135 grams. PAC MATE OMNI (MODELS BX400, BX420, BX440, QX400, QX420 and QX440) PAC Mate Omni is a personal digital assistant (PDA) designed for use by individuals who are blind or have low vision. This pocket PC device is available Perkins-stle braille keys (model BX400), 20 braille cells (models BX420 and QX420), 40 braille cells (models BX440 and QX440) or a voice only unit with a standard QWERTY keyboard (model QX400) that utilizes JAWS for windows (see separate entry) for speech output. All models use the Windows Mobile operating system. the QWERTY keyboard uses standard JAWS commands. The device provides access to everyday Windows-based desktop data and software applications and can run Pocket PC versions of popular software programs to manage information internally or sync up and share data with other devices. All data is stored in flash memory, all files and applications are retained, even if the unit is reset on the battery is fully discharged. FEATURES * Pre-installed Mobile versions of numerous Microsoft applications including Word excel,calendar,outlook,inbox,contacts,internet explorer,windows media player and more included.
* Access to the mobile version of numerous of windows power point.
* Smart filtering for rapid location of e-mail messages.
* Information searches via Windows Live Search.
* Users with push-to-talk.
* Compact Flash, etc. LECTURE #3