Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Causes Of WWII: The Great Depression
Transcript of Causes Of WWII: The Great Depression
* the British government didn't have an idea of how to fix the Depression The Great Depression was a widespread economic downfall in many countries, specifically in the U.S.A, Great Britain, and Germany The Great Depression By Rebeca S. & Kallie B. British unemployment rose to 2.5 million The Jarrow Crusade was a march after the industrial factory closed. http://www.workerspower.co.uk August U.S. Stock Market Peaks America was in an economic boom farmers grew more food than needed excessive goods were manufactured There weren't enough people to buy these extra goods Prices and worth became lower and lower America recalled their loans to European countries...sending them into economic turmoil. Unemployment in America reaches 16% International trade 2/3 less than '28 http://www.cpomoni.com/chris/images/international-trade.jpg http://www.mrboll.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/600px-Poor_mother_and_children_California_1936_by_Dorothea_Lange.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/54/Lange-MigrantMother02.jpg/220px-Lange-MigrantMother02.jpg http://www.historyplace.com/unitedstates/lange/dor9.jpg http://countrytimerecipes.alphamaids.com/images/great_depression%202.jpg http://west.wwu.edu/cpnws/findingaids/cpnws/wwudepression/images/depression.jpg How did the Great Depression affect... http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Asl938vNDGw/TP70XCYieII/AAAAAAAAAIY/jEtmtXP92hA/s1600/breadlines.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2e/Hoover_Campaign.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b8/FDR_in_1933.jpg/220px-FDR_in_1933.jpg http://vintageholidaycrafts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/vintage-american-flag-clip-art-black-and-white2.png http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/10/Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-S33882,_Adolf_Hitler_retouched.jpg/230px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-S33882,_Adolf_Hitler_retouched.jpg Roosevelt Inaugurated Britain? Adolf Hitler appointed Chancellor of Germany http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cpzeyxpz26c/T6rlIXicaiI/AAAAAAAABn0/_G7XPmOdMVQ/s1600/adolf-hitler-2648624.jpg http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-G0KVF2GF__Y/T-9X9UIzKhI/AAAAAAAAEHs/YePwd5-NfJU/s1600/roosevelt-fdr-1.jpg * Unemployment .. skyrocketed some cities saw unemployment rates of 70%! increased improvement http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/images/g10000/g19930.jpg Pearl Harbor until... If every student in our EM class was able to have a job, how many of us would be unemployed? *... so they never fully recovered before the U.S. stocks crashed Germany? * Already suffering the wounds of WWI... * Suffered just as much as Britain * France had an undeveloped economy France? *A major part of France's economy was tourism, which fell because people could simply not afford to travel. Germany was already paying off fines from WWI How did this all lead to WWII? America went bankrupt in 1929 and gave Germany 90 days to pay back all their loans *The reaction to the Great Depression brought power to the governments of Germany & Japan
* Hitler created a massive work-creation scheme that mostly removed German unemployment by 1936
* Both Europe & the U.S. were too weak to be aware of the plans of Hitler They had no way to pay back America, and no countries were in a financial position to help them out. 1/4 of Germany was unemployed and the nation was in a slump. Then a man named Adolf Hitler gave them hope again...