Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Jose Rizal in Paris
Transcript of Jose Rizal in Paris
1.Filipino signatories of the “Petition of 1888” and the tenants of the Calamba agrarian trouble were facing persecution
2.Persecution of Calamba Tenants
3.Furious attacks on Rizal by Senator Salamanca and Vida in the Spanish Court and by the Desengaños (Wenseslao E. Retana) and Quioquiap (Pablo Feced) in Spanish newspaper.
4.His brothers-in-law, Manuel T. Hidalgo and Mariano Herbosa, were exiled to Bohol and was denied Christian burial
5.His friend, Laureano Viado, a UST medical student, was imprisoned for possessing a copy of his Noli
Life in Paris
March 19, 1889
house for a short time
-former gobernadorcillo & a refugee from Spanish tyranny
-young student from Manila
1) DR.TRINIDAD PARDO DE TAVERA –
physician by vocation and philologist by avocation.
2) DR.FELIX PARDO DE TAVERA –
also a physician by vocation and an artist & sculptor by avocation.
3) PAZ PARDO DE TAVERA –
wife of Juan Luna.
4) DON JOAQUIN PARDO DE TAVERA-
an exle of 1872 who escape from Marianas & lived in France.
In his spare hours, he used to dine at the house of the De Taveras:
MR.EDWARD BOUSTED -
was born in the Phil., the son of a rich French businessman of Singapore, and had married a daughter of prominent Genato family of Manila.
Two attractive daughter
1. Nellie – a fencer
2. Adelina – quiet, dignified & refined
his study of languages.
He perfected his French
He attended, together with Dr. Trinidad H. Pardo de Tavera, certain lectures on Oriental languages in the University of Paris.
On Sundays, he attended the fencing lessons at studio of Luna.
1. The Kidlat Club
Purely a social club of temporary nature.
Filipinos in the
so that they
2. "Indios Bravos"
Kidlat Club members were amazed
to see the Buffalo Bull Show
Annotated Edition of
was written by
1. Appraising the events of the past in the light of present standards and;
2. Attack on the church were unfair and unjustified
TWO SATIRICAL WORK OF RIZAL
La Vision de Fray Rodriquez
TWO MAGNIFICENT PROJECT OF RIZAL IN PARIS
International Association of Filipinologist
Modern Filipino College in Hongkong
International Association of Filipinologists
point of view."
Inagural convention of the International Association of Filipinologist
OFFICERS OF INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF FILIPINOLOGIST
Vice President : Mr. Edmund Plauehul (French)
Counsellor : Dr. Reinhold Rost (Anglo-German)
Counsellor : Dr. Antonio Ma. Regidor (Filipino- Spanish)
Secretary : Dr. Jose Rizal (Filipino)
Modern Filipino in Hongkong
with the demands of
modern times and
Mr. Mariano Cunanan who promised Rizal to help him raise P40, 000 as initial capital for the college.
the project did not materialize
another satirical work of Rizal that is a reply to Fr. Salvador Font, who mastermind the banning of his Noli.
was published in booklet form in Barcelona, 1889
Reasons that Rizal marriage did not prosper:
1. Nellie was not sure he loved her because of his broken engagement
2. Rizal refused to accept the condition that he will become a protestant like her
3. Nellie’s mother opposed the match because Rizal was not rich enough to support a family in style.
Antonio Luna – a dashing man of violent passions who is madly in love with Nelly (Adelina’s sister)
Nelly Boustead did not love
the passionate Ilocano.
After receiving the news of the marriage of Leonor Rivera to an Englishman,Jose Rizal decided to court other ladies.
Brief Visit to London
Check up his
See Getrude Beckett
for the last time
Thank You for Listening ! :)