Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Elements and compounds
Transcript of Elements and compounds
identifying elements, mixtures and compounds
Making a Fire extinguisher
React the calcium carbonate and hydrochloric acid together
Write down your observations
How does the gas affect the candle?
The gas is carbon dioxide, what elements is carbon dioxide made of?
Can you list the properties of oxygen?
Are they the same as carbon dioxide?
What about carbon?
describe the properties of Sodium and chlorine.
describe the properties of sodium chloride
draw a particle diagram to illustrate the reaction
write a word equation
write a symbol equation
What will happen to the mass of the substances?
which of these are elements?
which are compounds?
Can you describe the properties of these different substances?
How do you know a chemical reaction has happened?
test the conductivity of the magnesium
burn the magnesium
test the conductivity of the whitre compound
record your observations
what is the white solid?
Can you write a word equation?