Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of World Organizations
Created in 1945
International Monetary Fund
The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945 after the Second World War by 51 countries committed to maintaining international peace and security, developing friendly relations among nations and promoting social progress, better living standards and human rights.
The UN Security Council
What has the UN accomplished?
The International Monetary Fund's primary purpose is to ensure the stability of the international monetary system—the system of exchange rates and international payments that enables countries (and their citizens) to transact with each other.
The IMF In Action
- A group of fifteen countries that are in charge of maintaining international peace
There are five permanent members
~ People's Republic of China
~ United Kingdom
~ United States
- There are 196 countries in the world and 189 of those countries are members of the IMF
it helps countries pay off foreign debts
it helps countries reduce poverty and promotes economic growth
it helps large businesses operate globally by monitoring exchange rates