Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Causes and Effects of the Great Depression
Transcript of Causes and Effects of the Great Depression
1) what is a depression? If someone is depressed, then how does he or she feel? How can the word “depression” be applied to society as a whole? If society is going through a depression, what would that look like?
2) What are stocks? What have you heard about the stock market? What words or ideas are associated with it? Causes and Effects of the Great Depression The Great Depression Economic
(Response) Causes Effects Objective 1: Describe the causes of the Great Depression and the Stock Market crash. Objective 2: Explain how the Great Depression effected the economy in the U.S. and throughout the world. Farming Crisis Overproduction Easy Credit Debt Unequal Income Less Spending Hawley-Smoot Tariff Highest Ever Protective Tariff Ruined Foreign Market American Business Stock Market Crash Speculation Buying on Margin Black Tuesday Bank and Business Failures Worldwide Impact In Class Writing Assignment: "The Crash"
Summarize the major economic trends and government policies that caused the Great Depression
(Mention: Farm sector crisis, credit, unequal distribution of income, Hawley-Smoot Tariff, Stock Market crash.)