Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
BUSI 2405 Lecture 12 - JIT/Lean
Transcript of BUSI 2405 Lecture 12 - JIT/Lean
What does control mean?
What is the main purpose of JIT/Lean systems?
Goals of JIT/Lean
Balanced, rapid flow
Elimination of waste
Small lot sizes
Tight supply chain management
& 5S housekeeping
What is it?
Review chpt 6
Review chpt 4
Work through Q1, pg 628
What is it?
Rules of kanban
All parts containers have a kanban card
You cannot use parts containers without posting a kanban
Posted kanban signals preparation of another container of parts
Same number of parts in each container
Only non-defective parts
Posted kanban card placed on container, and container placed on parts shelf
But ... remind me about EOQ
Does JIT ignore EOQ?
Review chpt 9 & 10
What are some quality tools they introduce in this chapter?
Why the emphasis on small batch sizes?
Number of Kanbans =
Demand during lead time + Safety Stock
Size of container
Review chpt 11
Review chpt 12