Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Introduction to Urban Places
Transcript of Introduction to Urban Places
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
What does it mean to be '
How do urban places come about?
Features of an Urban Place
an urban place
In groups, discuss and list the features that makes a place 'urban'.
You may use photos, words/phrases to illustrate your points
Present your discussion in Popplet
Where people live on farms and in villages, and carry out activities such as fishing and forestry
A built-up area such as a town or city with a large number of people and buildings.
Which photograph illustrates an urban area? Why?
Functional aspects - The activities typically found in urban areas
Population Density & Size
Facilities & Amenities eg. Transport facilities, banking services, medical services/facilities, commercial, etc
Total number of people living in a unit area of land
Refer to TB pg 13