Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Anorexia Nervosa - TOK
Transcript of Anorexia Nervosa - TOK
A physical & mental illness Any conditions characterized by impairment of an individual's normal cognitive, emotional, or behavioral functioning. Caused by social, psychological, biochemical, genetic, or other factors. Also called emotional illness, mental disease, mental disorder. What is a mental illness? AN is a classified mental and physical illness so eating disorders aren't a lifestyle choice AN isn't initiated by factors such as peer pressure or social media Issues associated with AN:
- biochemical issues
- psychological disorders
- heart disease
- bone loss
- hormonal changes Anorexia Nervosa is the deadliest of all mental illnesses Recovery rates vary between 23 - 50%, and relapses range from 4 - 27%. Recovery takes an average of 5 - 6 years from the time of diagnosis. Up to 30% of patients do not recover. Misinterpretations AN is a lifestyle or diet choice, that is influenced by social media & peer pressure. http://college.healthguru.com/video/understanding-anorexia-nervosa#c1qKtohLkTOSpTBd.03 Paleo
No-carb Lifestyle vs. Mental Illness Depression
Genetics http://www.umm.edu/ Works Cited: Anorexia Overview http://www.something-fishy.org/cultural/themedia.php