Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of LINEAR EQUATIONS!!!
words pics real life example Just about everyone has a cell phone, and most rate plans are a linear function of some kind. Let's take a look at a basic example that is a real-life application of a linear equation. If you pay 20 dollars a month for your cell phone and 5 cents per minute of usage the monthly cost of using your cell phone would be a linear equation of a function, C, the monthly cost based on the number of minutes you use monthly.
C = 0.05m + 20
You can see that your cost is 20 dollars plus five cents times the number of minutes you use your cell phone x,y intercept the point at which the line crosses the axis independent variable in a linear equation such as y=3x+2, x is the independent variable dependent variable in a linear equation such as y=3x+2, y is the dependent variable because it depends on the value of x slope the rise and run of a line