Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
To show but not Tell (Pic Books)---Intermediate Writing
Transcript of To show but not Tell (Pic Books)---Intermediate Writing
"To show but not tell” writing skill
Have Masar read a book in which an author uses "Showing but not telling" technique.
Look for the use of "Showing but not Telling".
"Show” your own story.
Make no attempt to correct every writing errors but focus on Masar's use of the "showing but not telling" skill.
Write with Masar, our Intermediate:
, if Masar is
undetailed descriptions, explanations, and narrations;
difficulty expressing abstract ideas.
Franklin broke a cup.
Franklin knocked over his juice and broke his favorite cup.
To help Masar develop effective writing skills,
recommends the teacher to...
allow writing on familiar, concrete topics.
avoid assessment based upon language errors.