Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
My Career Choice
Transcript of My Career Choice
*Present evidence to defend clients or prosecute defendants in criminal or civil litigation.
*•Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
•*Study Constitution, statutes, decisions, regulations, and ordinances of quasi- judicial bodies to determine ramifications for cases.
*Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for individuals and businesses.
*Present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
*Prepare legal briefs and opinions, and file appeals in state and federal courts of appeal.
*Analyze the probable outcomes of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents.
*Examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit.
*Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases * Employees in this field usually have to have the following skills; * writing * critical thinking * reading comprehension
* speaking * active listening * complex problem solving
* judgement and decision making PAST 2 FUTURE Knowledge& Skills Tasks DESCRIPTION Sketches January 22, 2013 Mrs. Bernard 8th grade EDUCATION & TRAINING Princeton University * Do you wish to be apart
of this field? You must at least have a high school diploma to become a successful lawyer. You have a better chance at becoming a successful lawyer if you receive a bachelor's degree or higher. * * 78% of successful lawyers have a doctoral or professional degree. COMPARISONS Median Comparison
US: $62.95 Employment Trend Comparison:
US: 728,200 to 801,800 in 2 years
NY: 86,140 to 87,080 in 2 years * The generally worked activities in this occupation include the following;
* getting information * making decisions * solving problems
* resolving conflicts * negotiating with others * evaluating information
* communicating with persons outside of the organization * You must have certain abilities to become a successful lawyer such as;
* oral expression * oral comprehension * speech clarity
* writing comprehension * writing expression Abilities & Interests Abilities
•Written Comprehension - .
*Law and Government *English Language
*Customer and Personal Service
*Administration and Management
*Clerical *Computers and Electronics
*Active Listening *Speaking
*Critical Thinking *Reading Comprehension
*Complex Problem Solving *Writing
*Judgement and Decision Making Example of Integrity * Integrity
* Analytical Thinking
* Attention to Detail
* Stress Tolerance
* Achievement/ Effort
* Self Control TOOLS & TECHNOLOGY Tools
Liquid crystal display projector — Liquid crystal display LCD projectors
Notebook computers — Laptop computers
Personal digital assistant PDAs or organizers — Personal digital assistants PDA
Photocopiers — Digital photocopiers
Scanners — Computer data input scanners
Accounting software — BQE Software BillQuick; ESI Software ESILAW; TimePro Legal Software TimePro; TimeSolv Legal
Data base user interface and query software — Abacus Data Systems AbacusLaw; AdvantageLaw WinVantage; Argosy Legal Systems Power Closer; WorthMORE Software CaseWORTH
Document management software — Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat software; LexisNexis HotDocs; WealthCounsel WealthDocs; World Software Corporation WORLDOX
Information retrieval or search software — Fastcase; LexisNexis Shepard's Citations Service; Thomson West WestlawPRO; Wolters Kluwer Loislaw
Project management software — CIBER CIBERLaw; SoftTec CMS; Virtual Case Management VCM software; WebEx WebOffice LAWYERS careeronestop.org Annual Job Openings