Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
My Career Choice
Transcript of My Career Choice
*Present evidence to defend clients or prosecute defendants in criminal or civil litigation.
*•Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
•*Study Constitution, statutes, decisions, regulations, and ordinances of quasi- judicial bodies to determine ramifications for cases.
*Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for individuals and businesses.
*Present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
*Prepare legal briefs and opinions, and file appeals in state and federal courts of appeal.
*Analyze the probable outcomes of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents.
*Examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit.
*Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases * Employees in this field usually have to have the following skills; * writing * critical thinking * reading comprehension
* speaking * active listening * complex problem solving
* judgement and decision making PAST 2 FUTURE Knowledge& Skills Tasks DESCRIPTION Sketches January 22, 2013 Mrs. Bernard 8th grade EDUCATION & TRAINING Princeton University * Do you wish to be apart
of this field? You must at least have a high school diploma to become a successful lawyer. You have a better chance at becoming a successful lawyer if you receive a bachelor's degree or higher. * * 78% of successful lawyers have a doctoral or professional degree. COMPARISONS Median Comparison
US: $62.95 Employment Trend Comparison:
US: 728,200 to 801,800 in 2 years
NY: 86,140 to 87,080 in 2 years * The generally worked activities in this occupation include the following;
* getting information * making decisions * solving problems
* resolving conflicts * negotiating with others * evaluating information
* communicating with persons outside of the organization * You must have certain abilities to become a successful lawyer such as;
* oral expression * oral comprehension * speech clarity
* writing comprehension * writing expression Abilities & Interests Abilities
•Written Comprehension - .
*Law and Government *English Language
*Customer and Personal Service
*Administration and Management
*Clerical *Computers and Electronics
*Active Listening *Speaking
*Critical Thinking *Reading Comprehension
*Complex Problem Solving *Writing
*Judgement and Decision Making Example of Integrity * Integrity
* Analytical Thinking
* Attention to Detail
* Stress Tolerance
* Achievement/ Effort
* Self Control TOOLS & TECHNOLOGY Tools
Liquid crystal display projector — Liquid crystal display LCD projectors
Notebook computers — Laptop computers
Personal digital assistant PDAs or organizers — Personal digital assistants PDA
Photocopiers — Digital photocopiers
Scanners — Computer data input scanners
Accounting software — BQE Software BillQuick; ESI Software ESILAW; TimePro Legal Software TimePro; TimeSolv Legal
Data base user interface and query software — Abacus Data Systems AbacusLaw; AdvantageLaw WinVantage; Argosy Legal Systems Power Closer; WorthMORE Software CaseWORTH
Document management software — Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat software; LexisNexis HotDocs; WealthCounsel WealthDocs; World Software Corporation WORLDOX
Information retrieval or search software — Fastcase; LexisNexis Shepard's Citations Service; Thomson West WestlawPRO; Wolters Kluwer Loislaw
Project management software — CIBER CIBERLaw; SoftTec CMS; Virtual Case Management VCM software; WebEx WebOffice LAWYERS careeronestop.org Annual Job Openings