Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
professionalizing of teaching
Transcript of professionalizing of teaching
A great teacher is a great artist,
but his medium is not canvas,
but the human soul.
- Anonymous The Professionalizing of Teaching Profession She/he is the licensed professional who possesses dignity and reputation with high moral values as well as technical and professional competence...she/he adheres to, observes, and practices a set of ethical and moral principles, standard, and values
- Code of Ethics includes: professional autonomy; a clearly defined, highly developed, specialized, and theoretical knowledge base; control of training, certification, and licensing of new entrants; self-governing and self-policing authority, especially with regard to professional ethics; and a commitment to public service Professional Development through Historical Perspective Who is a
professional teacher? Professionalization the process whereby an occupation increasingly meets the criteria attributed to profession Teaching the profession concerned primarily with classroom instruction at the elementary and secondary levels in accordance with the curriculum prescribed by the Department of Education
- Rep. Act # 7836 Teacher all persons engaged
in classroom teaching, in any level of instruction, including guidance counselors, librarians, industrial arts or vocational instructors, and all other persons performing supervisory/ administrative functions in all schools, colleges and universities
- Magna Carta While a law in the professionalization of teaching could be legislated, we cannot legislate PROFESSIONALISM, which in the ultimate analysis, is the choice, the decision, and the action of every professional teacher. Further Developments in
Philippine Education Laws Promulgated for Professional Teachers