Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Writing for an Audience and Purpose
Transcript of Writing for an Audience and Purpose
When Drafting, some things to consider are:
- order - what should come first, next,
- formality of language
- additional ideas
- re-thinking ideas
Write a Statement of Purpose
In 3-5 sentences write down the answer to these prompts.
What do you want your Audience to:
How do you want your writing to affect or change your reader?
Re-thinking your Text
You may have taken what you feel is quite a bit of time writing in your Writer's Notebook up to this point, but you might not have considered all aspects of the writing process just yet.
Now you must consider your Audience
Who will be reading your writing?
- Peers/Other Students
- Standardized Test Raters
- College Admissions Officers
Audience & Purpose
Once you have considered your Audience you must then decide what you want them to know.
What do you intend your writing to do to your reader?
What do you want them to know, think, feel, value, expect, believe, wonder...after having read your writing?
What will you write?