Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
VERB AND TENSES
Transcript of VERB AND TENSES
, but some
An action that is
What are Verbs?
A verb is a word that conveys an action, an occurrence or a state of being.
Verbs have forms called
Verbs change their Tense depending on when the action takes place.
VERB AND TENSES
Many present tense verbs end with
, but some end with '
, or '
If an action has not
yet occurred, we use the
SIMPLE FUTURE TENSE.
We use this tense for an
action that can be a habit, a hobby, a daily event, something that happens often or is often forgotten or not done.
Sunny sells lemonade.
The simple present tense is also used to talk about facts.
The sun rises every morning.
The baby cries when he is hungry.
Mr. Shah sleeps early every night.
He watches the 9 o'clock news everyday.
SIMPLE PAST TENSE
We use this tense to express
the idea that an action started
and finished at a specific time in the past. Sometimes, the speaker may not actually mention the specific time.
David played the guitar very well.
Emperor Akbar ruled his
Some verbs do not end in
Hi, I am Jason. I
birthday on Saturday. I
all my friends.
Another word used for
SIMPLE FUTURE TENSE is
Shall is mainly used with
in the question form.
Shall I bring a sandwich for you?
In Future Tense we use many special
words to talk about things that are
going to happen.
E.g. will, going to, may be, shall, aim to etc.
Identify the Verb
and the Tense:
Lata always dances
Fill in the blanks with the
Verbs in the appropriate Tense:
1. Last year I (travel- past) _____ to Japan.
2. In the evening we (go-Future) _____ to watch a
3. Suman's energy (astonish-Present) _____ everybody.
4. The rats (hide- Future) _____ in the store room.
5. Kim (press- Past) ___ the button and it (break
- Past) ______
6. Mala always (carry- Present) ____
a good book with her.
If a verb ends in 's', 'x, 'ch' or 'sh', add 'es' to it
Will appear for the exam
Will invite us to the party
Will speak to the teacher
She stared at the picture on the wall.
We clicked a lot of pictures on the trip.
Sumi will learn French next year.
Bipin always sends text messages on birthdays.
The professor may call the students today.
Sona came home at twelve o'clock.
We will complete our project
in some time.