Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Process of Heredity
Transcript of Process of Heredity
chromosomes = Nucleus
(except bacteria) total chemical blueprint = genotype
physical expression = phenotype (what you see) 1/2 male (23) & 1/2 female (23) Parent DNA = traits & characteristic of offspring -dominant trait = ALWAYS expressed
-recessive trait = ONLY expressed when dominant trait not present & when both parent provide recessive gene Heredity
passing traits from parent to offspring Chromosome
large molecule containing
*Draw Chromosome Punnett Square Genes = divided sections on chromosomes
* look at table in book & discuss Human Chromosomes
human body = 46 single chromosomes
OR 23 pairs
male (23) + female (23) = offspring (46) 2 chromosomes determine sex = X or Y
Females = XX (always donates X)
Males = XY (can donate either) Other 22 pair = autosomes/body chromosomes Gene
section of chromosome that code for
a specific trait = 1 from mom & 1 from dad offspring = 2 copies of each chromosome (homologous) - info about same trait, same place on chromosome
*COPY PICTURE Genotype = genes/alleles (what a specific gene is called)