Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of science project
Which Type of Chocolate Melts the Fastest?
By: Yolanda, Hayden and Andy
Introduction to the Experiment
For our experiment, we will be testing to see which type of chocolate melts the fastest in the sun-dark, milk or white chocolate.We will be using solar energy to conduct our experiment. The sun is an important part of the experiment as it is needed to melt the chocolate.
: I think that the dark chocolate will melt the fastest in the sun as the sun absorbs darker colours faster compared to light colours.
Dark chocolate 3 timers or stopwatches
Milk chocolate 3 pieces of black paper (A4 sized )
1. Take one piece of chocolate from each packet and place each one in its own container.
2. Take the three containers out in the sun at the same time, at the same place.
3. When you are ready, start the three timers at the same.
4. Keep watching the chocolate, making sure that none of them are covered by any shade.
4. Once each type chocolate has completely melted (with no lumps left), stop the timer and record the results in a table.
5. Repeat the same experiment 2 more times to ensure a fair test.
After doing this experiment for the first time, we have discovered that dark chocolate is the type of chocolate that melts the fastest in the sun.
Logbook Entry 4 :
Once again, after doing this experiment for the second time, the dark chocolate has melted the fastest. The milk chocolate melted in 45minutes and 9 seconds. The white chocolate took the longest to melt.
Average times from 3 results
Logbook entry 5 :
After repeating this experiment for the third and last time, we have come to the conclusion that dark chocolate melts the fastest out of the other two chocolates; milk and white.
Why did the dark chocolate melt the fastest?
The reason as to why the dark chocolate always melted the fastest was because of it's colour. It was a darker shade than the milk and white chocolate and the sun naturally absorbs dark colours therefore it melted faster.
40:45 (2dp )
Controlled variable ( what we are keeping the same ) :
The environment the chocolates are melted in, the containers/paper the chocolates are in and the amount of chocolate used for each experiment.
Dependant variable ( what we are changing ):
The different types of chocolate which are dark, milk and white.
Independant variable ( what we are measuring/ observing :
The time taken to melt the different types of chocolates.
Logbook entry 3:
Logbook entry 1:
Today, we decided on the experiment, started on the Prezi and started our introduction on the experiment on it. We also wrote our hypothesis and aim of the experiment.
Here is a short animoto
Logbook entry 2 :
Today, we started our experiment. Andy Cai bought the chocolate; dark, milk and white. We put one piece of each of chocolate onto a piece of black paper and started the three timers. After a few minutes, because of the wind, the dark and milk chocolate on the black paper began to turn over so we took paper weights and put one each on them. After the experiment was finished, we wrote down the results and transferred them onto the computer.
A4 black paper
In conclusion, the dark chocolate melted the fastest (due to it's colour), the milk chocolate took the second longest to melt and the white chocolate took the longest to melt.