Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Fashion
Transcript of Copy of Fashion
Their makeup and sexy clothing were a huge hit! Bringing a little bit of "sassyness" to the 50s. - The base for the 50's style makeup was a foundation cream, creating a pale complexion which was topped off by patting on a flesh colored powder to set it.
- The eyebrows of the 1950's were mostly thicker in the inner corner and then tapered out to a clean point. A gradual rounded eyebrow was very popular, as was straight! It was customary to tweeze it to a clean line and then use a pencil to darken in and thicken.
- The cat eye was extremely popular, it had many variations, from striking to soft.
- Lip shapes followed the basic shape of the natural mouth, but Hollywood changed that! They tapered the fall from the peak to the outer corner for a droop that almost mimicked a smile. Movie stars like Marilyn Monroe and Sylvia Lopez were over-drawing their top lip for a fuller look. Bringin' the Pin up look back! In the fifties most men wore suits and ties with a nice fedora hat as their accessory. That was the business man look. Men didn't have many choices for color. Dark blue, dark brown, and charcoal. Most guys looked "Ivy League" or preppy and it was definitely the preferred look if your date was meeting your Dad for the first time.
(The cardigan sweater was also a popular style which was used for the "letter" sweater so cherished among athletes.) Marlon Brando Bettie Page Lucille Ball Lana Turner Rita Hayworth Suzy Parker Bette Grabel Selena Gomez Keri Hilson Pammy T Hayley Williams Dita Von Teese Katy Perry Lana Del Rey “What you wear is how you present yourself to the world, especially today, when human contacts are so quick. Fashion is instant language." In SHS – AdC, to be fashionable means that you must have a certain ‘look’ which can be identified by the students, and therefore admired. A ‘fashion-wise’ student recognizes ‘fashion’ and buys it. To a lesser extent, even the male students’ clothing vary according to taste. Nowadays, people are having a hard time in deciding what to wear. On average, a student can spend an hour just looking for the perfect outfit to wear. Statement of the Problem Significance of the Problem A case study on
Grade 10 Sacred Heart School - Ateneo de Cebu students' preference on the
latest trends in fashion Background of the Study 1. Human needs / wants 2. Consumerism 1. How important is fashion to Grade 10 - students? 1. Students
2. Fashion designers
3. Mall Owners 3. Standard of Living Recommendation In one of the dates in a week, we should wear civilian for self-expression and representation, so long as it is
appropriate and by the dress code. 2. What is the dominant style among the Grade 10 students? Thank you and have a wonderful day!