Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Lesson 3: Coping With It
Transcript of Lesson 3: Coping With It
Stress and the Brain Recap
Ways to Care for Ourselves
Maintain good physical and mental health by:
eating a healthy diet
getting a good sleep
The Security Guard
Responsible for basic functions like breathing, swallowing, and protecting us from
a stress reaction (fight flight freeze)
Quickly processes and expresses emotions, especially
Helps to manage our response to fear and threats, and acts like a storage vault of learning and memory.
The learning, reasoning and thinking part
of the brain. It controls decision making, planning, focusing attention and
Strategies for Calming Down
Listening to music
Helpful self talk
Handout: Individual Reflection