Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
IB Chemistry: Quantitative Chemistry
Transcript of IB Chemistry: Quantitative Chemistry
and eggs are counted in dozens... Chemists count atoms in moles One mole of any substance contains
6.02x10^23 atoms of that substance Answer: 1.2x10^24 hydrogen
fluorine Diatomic Molecules chlorine
iodine 6.02x10^23 x 2 =
1.2x10^24 Relative Molecular Mass (2x12.01)+(6x1.01)+(1x16)=
46.08 Question Calculate the number of moles in 4g of sodium hydroxide, NaOH Mass: 4g
Molar Mass: 40
Moles: 4g/40 = 0.100 REMINDER! Count the number of atoms in a molecule e.g 1 mole of NaCl Na atoms: 6.02x10^23
Cl atoms: 6.02x10^23
Total atoms: 1.2x10^24 eg. 2 moles of NaCl Na atoms: 1.2x10^23
Cl atoms: 1.2x10^23
Total atoms: 2.4x10^24