Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Ballet History
1519-1589: (Catherine di medici regime.)
1581: First ballet Le Ballet Comique de la Reine choreographed by Balthasar de Beaujoyeaux.
1653:(the sun king) Louis XIV danced
in Le Ballet de la Nuit and his instructor
started to create a voabulary for dance.
1665-1738: Mlle. LaFontaine, she becomes the first professional female dancer
1726: During this year Marie Carmargo made her debut.
1758: Known as "shakespeare
of ballet" Jean-Georges Noverre creates his first ballet.
1791: First American ballet company performs in Charleston, SC
1828: The year when
Marie Taglioni made her
debut as a ballerina.
1832: The "romantic period"
begun with Filippo Taglioni's
La Sylphide .
1890: Enrico Cecchetti becomes
a dancer and ballet master at the
1892: The nutcracker is
performed at Maryinsky Theatre
in St. Petersburg. (Petipa)
1933: Lincoln Kirstein and
George Balanchine start the
School of American
Ballet in Hartford, CT.