Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
All About ME
Transcript of All About ME
Common and Scientific Name
Most commonly infest pond
and other wetland habitats.
Eat other flying insects
Many species sucks blood from the skin of
Less than 1 cm long
Long thin legs and wings
Four wings and four legs
Has only a head and abdomen
Male has two sets of organs:- Testes is located at their abdominal tip
Tiny penis and a small sperm storing pouch at their abdominal base.
Prefers stagnant water
where they can lay their eggs
Four separate and distinct stages
Egg, Larva, Pupa and Adult
Lay their eggs on a plant in the water or drop
Larva or Nymph
Lives in the water
Looks like crusty hump with no wings
Changes into an adult
Rests on the surface of the water
To dry all its body parts to harden
Nymph shed its skin onto the stem of the plant
Where is the Hotspot?
The hotspot for the arthropod is South Eastern Himalayas.
It is located between the Plateau of Tibet to the north and alluvial plains of the Indian Subcontinent to the south.
Highest mountains in the world